Sunday, January 25, 2015

Conflict zone fun......Exploration trip

Tried a conflict zone due to having accepted a mission to kill 5 combatants.

It was fun but it is a bit hectic even in the low intensity zones in a Sidewinder.



I had to flee the zone several times with my ship in pretty much this shape. I did eventually finish the mission and had great fun. I will definitely be trying out conflict zones again at a later date.


I also just made a 260LY exploration trip and came out with 300k credits and a D fit Adder. I used only a Basic Discovery Scanner and a Surface scanner to make sure I made more cash for scanning all the planets.  As well as making Scout Rank...





One trick to use while scanning for objects that your discovery scanner cannot pick up is to fly around looking for objects moving against the background stars. It easiest to pick up other stars in the system this way but you will catch planets as well if your watch closely.

The purple light top center of my screen is actually a star I'm looking for the way I described.





I also use the orbit lines to help find planets, you check the planet numbers you can find the missing ones by flying along the orbit line and hitting your scanner every so often.

Obviously an Advanced Discovery Scanner takes away the need for these tricks, but until you can afford one they help a lot.


Until next time .....

Fly Aimlessly!





No comments:

Post a Comment