Friday, January 23, 2015

Clearing up the clutter.....

Going back to exploring for a little bit so I bought an Intermediate Discovery Scanner last night and basic kit a Sidewinder.


I'll use this to clear up a lot of the local systems around Altair. I spent a couple hours last night flying around. I wasn't really focused and stopped quite often to rest in each system ( Took a  ton of breaks, we have an active 3 year old in the house and she demands constant attention).


At the end of the evening of casual exploring this is my credit balance before I start to sell the data I collected.


And my balance after selling the data I could at the system I ended the evening at.


I made roughly 33k credits with another 15k still needing to be sold. With an Advanced Discovery Scanner and a Detailed Surface Scanner this amount would have doubled for certain and quite possibly tripled, due to all the objects my Intermediate Scanner could not locate. There were a few systems I had to fly out and find the objects manually by watching for movement against the background stars. This isn't an efficient method of discovery by any means but it can be done to find stars and even planets you feel are there but your scanner won't pick up.

I'll spend the next few days clearing all the systems around Altair of Unexplored status. There is a reason for this other than the meager (for now) exploration earnings. I will touch on this again in another post.

Until next time......

Fly Aimlessly!

No comments:

Post a Comment