Wednesday, January 21, 2015

By the skin of my teeth.

So I survived my first player interdiction yesterday. I was tooling around Altair heading to Solo Orbiter in my Eagle when I noticed a Wanted Asp in system with hardpoints deployed. I didn't get the CMDR name or any screenshots sadly. The Asp had a 31k bounty and was headed my way. I turned away from Solo toward the Asp as they have to be behind you to start an interdiction.

Thus begins the 3 minute dance for position which the Aap ultimately won. I saw I was losing the interdiction so I throttled down to submit as this reduces the time for my FSD to cool down. As soon as we drop out of Super Cruise the Asp attacks. I turn toward him and hit boost trying to get out of in front of his guns. The first pass almost strips my shields and I quickly use a Shield Cell charge to recharge them. I start my FSD charging as soon as the cool down ends to try and escape.

I did not ever even get lined up to even try to make a shot as the pilot was literally flying circles around me. Another pass strips my shields again and I go into massive evasive mode trying to shake him loose. Time seems to stop as it is taking forever for my FSD to charge up. I shift all power to shields and engines and am literally flying for my life.

My shields come back up and I am thinking I might just make it when the Asp gets another volley off and almost strips my shields again. I use another Shield Cell and boost toward the Asp again almost scraping paint as I pass by his starboard thruster.

The Asp now has plenty of room to turn and make another pass and I think "well this is it".....when I hear that magic voice over the coms.... " Ready to engage".... I hit the throttle and 4....3....2....1...


I enter Super Cruise and quickly lock on to Tereshkova Dock. I'm just getting ramped up and moving at speed when the Asp rejoins me in Super Cruise. Luckily a Local Police ship swarms him and attempts an interdiction ( which the Asp avoids) buying me much needed time to pull away and make it to Tereshkova.


I limp in to the outpost with 42% hull and a 620 credit repair bill. I'm not sure if my flying got me out of this or if the Asp pilot was toying with me. ( I suspect he was toying with me and could have finished me at any time).

In hind sight I probably should have jumped system when I seen the Asp heading toward me instead of buzzing him repeatedly until he interdicted me. ( *chuckles* yea I left that part out that I followed him in system for 3 or 4 passes before he really got serious about trying to interdict me).


I'll take a survival any day in this scenario as my Eagle was very much outmatched by the Asp. All in all it was a great bit of experience even if only in survival.


Until next time ......


Fly Aimlessly!

No comments:

Post a Comment