Monday, January 19, 2015

Making Money Part 2 and 3

The second method I use for making money is very similar to the first. I just use the process in reverse.


I go out and fly around in the system looking for USS with salvage in them and load up.




I then haul it back to the station and check for any missions requiring those items.



If there are no missions asking for the items I found I sell them on the black market.



Using these two methods I quickly earn the credits to upgrade my ship in order to add in the third method to the mix.
                                                                Bounty Hunting.

Buying Teeth......


I prefer gimbaled weapons over fixed due to my skills or lack of to be more precise as they let me stay on target more often than not.

Now with my new weapons fitted I can add a third method to the mix of hunting bounties to my aimless travels. I find these in the same USS I'm already searching for my smuggling goods so it falls right in line with everything.

My first bounty.....


While its a meager bounty they add up quickly along with everything else your doing. You also run in to bigger bounties like this...


Emily is a bad girl ......



You can make fights a lot easier by targeting specific subsystems to decrease the effective power of the enemy ship ....


In this case I'm targeting the power distributer, you can also target thrusters, drives or even the power plant to make fights easier. I cannot emphasize enough how much targeting subsystems can improve your combat performance.

Emily is hot!


Notice this bounty was worth almost 9k credits! A few of these each trip added on top of your smuggling will make your rounds extremely profitable. Removing wanted targets from the system also increases your reputation with the controlling faction of the system your hunting in.

One thing to note if you decide to add bounties to the mix while smuggling is to turn off the option to report crimes against you. This will keep the Security Forces from showing up while you have questionable goods in your cargo hold.



Another thing to note is that if hunting for bounties in an Anarchy system you will need a Kill Warrant Scanner in order to make the "hidden" bounties show up. Bounties usually won't show up on a target while in an Anarchy system. You can however tell the pirates as they will scan you and make a comment along the lines of  "What treats do you carry" or "Another dream of riches dashed".


These three methods can be used to make credits, raise your faction standing and more importantly you can have a lot of fun!


Until next time.......

Fly Aimlessly!










No comments:

Post a Comment